Book a B&B Now
Bed and Breakfast | Privacy
HOSTED ACCOMMODATION AUSTRALIA LTD
Hosted Accommodation Australia Ltd (HAA) has a strong commitment to providing the highest levels of service to its members. This includes protecting the privacy of all our members and other people with whom we have contact. We are aware of the purpose of the Commonwealth of Australia’s Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and our policy is to meet the relevant requirements of the Act.
How we collect your information
- Hosted Accommodation Australia collects personal information if you request membership of the organisation or seek to do business with us and we may also do so if you are requesting information or services from us.
- Hosted Accommodation Australia will collect only that information that is necessary for the primary purpose of your contact with our organisation and will not divulge that information to any other party for any reason, other than to deliver membership services, without your express permission.
- As a general rule we do not collect any sensitive information, such as information relating to health, racial or ethnic origin or political opinions, because it is not essential for what we do.
- If we do collect sensitive information (as defined in the Privacy Act) it will be for the purpose of providing you with the best level of personal service and, if the law requires it, we will collect it with your consent.
- Wherever possible, in situations where personal information is normally collected, we will provide the opportunity of anonymity to our members and individuals with whom we have business contact.
How we use your information
- We use your information to provide you with appropriate services. We may also use your information to tell you about activities that we believe will be of interest to you. However you can notify us at any time if you do not want to receive such information by phoning or writing to us - details below.
- FOR MEMBERS ONLY: Hosted Accommodation Australia has a close working relationship with a number of tourism related organisations: the Tourism Australia, the State and Territory Tourism Organisations, the National Tourism Accreditation Program and AAA Tourism. As a normal part of our services to you we may share information with these organisations and they may use your information to tell you about services they are offering.
- FOR MEMBERS ONLY: As part of our delivery of membership services, Hosted Accommodation Australia may also disclose pertinent information it holds about your business to contractors and organisations assisting us with its business projects: e.g. Westpac Bank and our website designers are such organisations. Hosted Accommodation Australia requires that the information so supplied will be protected by the contractor or other organisation under the provisions of the Privacy Act.
Protecting your information
- We will use security techniques and processes to ensure that your personal information is kept as securely as possible.
- We will not make your information available to individuals or organisations, other than those described above, without your permission.
Accuracy of your information
Hosted Accommodation Australia takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the information we collect and use is accurate and up-to-date. The accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that:
- you let us know if there are any errors in the information we hold, and
- you keep us up-to-date with changes in your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information that we hold and you can arrange this by writing to:
The Company Secretary
Hosted Accommodation Australia Ltd
PO Box 422, Eltham, Victoria 3095
Telephone: 1300 664 707 (Australia only)