Located in the main street of Greenock in the world famous Barossa Valley, Greenock’s Old Telegraph Station is a beautifully restored cottage offering self-catered bed and breakfast accommodation.
The building was once one of the original telegraph stations linking Adelaide and Angaston operating from 1866 at a time when travellers stopped over in the area on their way to the Murray River.
Mr Louis Iverson was the telegraph officer and operated the telegraphic equipment in a small office in his home (this cottage) until 1880, when the postal and telegraphic offices were combined and served from the new Post Office building.
With its peaceful location in the quaint village of Greenock, the Old Telegraph Station now offers guests a relaxing environment with all the conveniences of modern living whilst retaining its old historical charm.
Cottage features – exclusively yours: two bedroom cottage accommodating 2-4 guests, large heritage style bathroom with luxury 2 person spa, fully equipped kitchen, cosy lounge with wood combustion heater (wood May to Oct), reverse cycle air conditioning, quality bath sheets/towels and bath robes, gas barbecue with hood, outdoor undercover table and seating, private, fully enclosed rear garden (pets welcome by negotiation), washing machine, on site parking and free on street parking.
Dogs, Families, Couples, Heritage or Colonial
Historic area, Wineries
6km from Nuriootpa
Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
Fully Self Catering - Cottage/House
Breakfast provisions - full
Visited 577 times, 2 Visits today